Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Double bandsaw gloat

Hmmmm. I just did some research and I would have to agree with you that it is a 1958 band saw. Can't wait til Monday to hear what the CS rep has to say. Like they give a hoot...
    I drink, therefore I am.

Van, look what jus popped up 1.5 hours from my house.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/n...197506312.html
    I drink, therefore I am.

SAWEEEEET ! Wish I would have found something similar before I ended up w/ a refurb Delta 18". I searched long and hard, the only stuff I could find w/in 300 miles was "barn finds" that wer flippin' HUGE. I would of had to cut a hole in the ceiling. I'm OK w/ the newish Delta but still lurking for some "old arn" to compliment my green PM DP and mid 50's 8" jointer. Nice scores !!
    Elvis isn't dead, he just went home Yes, I am a joker - Take it with a grain of salt

Very nice scores! So how many bandsaws do you have now? Is this kind of like your version of multiplying routers?

very nice machines I love the look of the old iron.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cruz View Post
    Interesting. Mine looks EXACTLY like yours. Did they really make them EXACTLY the same from 58-66, or even longer? When I say exactly, I mean that even the doors have the same art deco look to them. Mine even has the same dust port, inconveniently protruding from under the table.

Now, for differences... Mine doesn't have the Delta emblem on the upper righthand front corner. But it does have holes where rivets, screws, or bolts once held something. Mine does not have that square hole in the side. Was that done "aftermarket" for dust collection? My serial number plate is located on the lower back side of the upper wheel casing. It reads Rockwell, not Delta. I have a feeling, if your's says Delta, that I was mislead, lied to, or fed a line. They are closed right now, so I won't be able to find anything else out until Monday.
    The 28-350 ALWAYS looked exactly the same from the 40's to the late 60's when they quit making it and went to the squared off Delta 28-3X0. Ours were both built during the years Rockwell owned Delta and my front door tag does say Delta in big letters with Rockwell under it in smaller letters. My serial number tag only says Rockwell (red and located where yours is) with the Pittsburgh address on it.

My square hole IS a modification where the school ran the dust collection though the saw cabinet, I was going to close it up but it is actually genius.

As I said I would tend to believe the mothership (Delta) over my papers, they should also be able to give you the month it was built in.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cruz View Post
    Van, look what jus popped up 1.5 hours from my house.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/n...197506312.html

Mike, you KNOW what you have to do... THAT is a gloat worthy deal!!!

PS, your reply above was on the second page so I didn't notice it until after I had responded.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Day View Post
    Very nice scores! So how many bandsaws do you have now? Is this kind of like your version of multiplying routers?

This makes 3 at each house, so I own 6 but not in one place. As Carroll alluded to in his post I want a total of 5 in my new shop mainly because I like them. There are some really interesting bandsaws built over the years.

Actually, by the info I found, 1958 seems right. So, I'll have to call them on that...literally.
    I drink, therefore I am.

I found out that a friend of mine emailed the guy selling the BS 1/2 hour before I saw the ad. He still hasn't gotten a response from the seller...BUT the ad is still up.
    I drink, therefore I am.

Van,
    I hate to say it, but I don't think you can just open and close the color conversation with silver! No indeed, you have developed too large a following interested in your victories, and now you face what all celebrities face: you have a DUTY to your constituency now! Across the country are countless neophyte CraigsListers, bargain hunters, novice scrappers and Flea Sailors, who all look to you for leadership and a Role Model. I myself have pursued several gloat-worthy deals now vicariously through your offices, and I must admit I feel I have some stake in your machine!

It should be clear we have a responsibility here, to help Van maximize his purchase through optimum creative coloring! I submit to you the following poll:
    What Color or Design should Van Huskey paint his Delta 28-350?
    Thread on "How do I pickup/move XXX Saw?" http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?p=597898

Compilation of "Which Band Saw to buy?" threads http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...028#post692028

Van, I just found your 7th band saw...

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/m...205626933.html

Metal Working Equipment. 24” Commercial Lockformer Band Saw with 48” Custom Made Steel Table. 115, single phase, side outlet and light. The tough cast-iron body design will handle just about any cutting job. You can cut a 4' wide piece of material right down the center. It runs great. $1,500.00 Call Bob 240-286-7086 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 240-286-7086 end_of_the_skype_highlighting.

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
    I drink, therefore I am.

That IS eclectic! Would make a good dedicated circle cutting saw, but it does take up a lot of real estate!

Hey, call him up and work out a deal where he hold it for you til you come out this way...
    I drink, therefore I am.