Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: If you could trade your day job...

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Kent View Post
    I would not trade my job for anything, and hope to work past age 70. But another rewarding career path would be teaching in a High School or University.
    Do tell! I always like hearing the details of what makes people happy.
    Sent from the bathtub on my Samsung Galaxy(C)S5 with waterproof Lifeproof Case(C), and spell check turned off!

My wife says if she wins the lottery I'm going back to uni to become a vet or zoologist.
    Sent from the bathtub on my Samsung Galaxy(C)S5 with waterproof Lifeproof Case(C), and spell check turned off!

I would have 20 acres that border the desert where I could ride/train 5 or 6 young cowhorses for a year, sell them and buy 5 or 6 more to ride for the next year. Maybe have a southern location to move us for the winter. Also my SO and I have laughed about becoming adventure outfitters, taking people into the backcountry areas that we love - offering a 2 or 3 day trip with meals on a high-desert camping trip. We just don't know though if everyone would love the high desert like we do.
    ULS X-660, 60 Watt
    Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop
    Coreldraw x4
    & A very handy & creative LOML

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Peacock View Post
    Mine's not so easy.

I wanted to open a shop to make custom cabinets, custom furniture, and things out of wood. My dad told me that I could never make any money at that line of work and I needed to go into computers. I have always loved working with my hands and even building a house was awesome fun to me. I went into computers as my dad talked me into and I have not looked forward to going to work a single day of my IT Professional career. While I'm good at what I do, I've gotten good at it by necessity of survival in the IT trade.

I think if I had it to do over again? I'd build a small but nice house in the middle of 50 acres, setup shop and make furniture, do furniture repair, and also do upholstery.

Like I said......I like working with my hands. I can't stand computer programming, and working in IT (to me) is about as fulfilling as watching paint dry.
    Thought about doing general contractor/building houses as a start? There are at least one or two guys here at Acx that do that on the side

My dream job would probably either be in woodworking or flying drones for the airforce.