Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Priceless

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Walker View Post
    David, I don't think I'll be disappointed with your lathe. I was actually looking for a 3520, this came along and was to good of a deal to pass up. I guess I can't miss a sliding headstock if I've not had one.

Steve
    If it makes you feel any better, I can't remember the last time I adjusted the position of the headstock. The extra 4" of swing will more than compensate you for the lack of sliding.

congratulations

That was quite the haul. First of many rewarding weekends I'm sure. Great way to start out, and a good move. I did basically the same thing - bought a Rikon mini from Woodcraft, never even set it up, just returned it the next day and ordered a Powermatic 3520B. Figured this would be one thing I wouldn't have to upgrade any time soon. I haven't moved my headstock either but then I don't have to room at the end to stand anyway.

Dan
    Eternity is an awfully long time, especially toward the end.

-Woody Allen-

Critiques on works posted are always welcome

Steve - Congrats on your new lathe! Looks like you are having fun with it already! Nice Apple!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Wow... congrats on the new lathe... I'm sure you'll have thousands of hours of fun...