Thread: Grizzly Jointer Planer questions

Grizzly Jointer Planer questions

I am considering buying a 12 inch jointer planer from Grizzly (The specific models that Grizzly has are the G0634XP and G0634Z).

Also if anyone owns these models I would also appreciate feedback on:
    1. Ease of change between planer and jointer.
    2. Availability of a mobile base.
    3. General comments on quality of construction

I was considering one of these models (mainly because space is at a premium) or a regular jointer such as the G0490X. The latter model has been well reviewed and they are generally favorable.

Comments appreciated.

Vijay

I like Grizzly, but I wouldn't get anything without the spiral head cutters. I have them in my jointer and I'm very happy...Greg

bump for the Monday morning crowd.

Alternatives would be the Jet JJP-12, JJP-12HH, and Hammer A3-31. Jet products are 15% off through TODAY. I'm in the market for a 12" jointer-planer and have been doing a little research. Just judging from the comments on this forum, the Jet is more popular than the Grizzly and has gotten positive comments. I think any of these would be a good product. I've never read a negative comment regarding the Hammer jointer-planer (other than the price).

I have the G0633. I love it. Would like to have the new fence system though. The hardest thing to do in switching modes is taking off the fence. Other than that it takes about 30 sec total. And of course rembering to swithc the lever that puts it into the mod eyou want. I ended up using a sharpie to lable the positions of the lever so I would not forget what mode was in the up position. I do have a mobile base that works well. It is a shop fox G7315Z Super Heavy-Duty Mobile Base.

.productThumbnail { width: 32px; height: 32px; border: 1px solid #999999; text-align: center; } .productThumbnail table { width: 32px; height: 32px; } .productThumbnail table td { text-align: center; } table.productImageGrid { margin: 0px 15px 15px 0px; background-color: #FFFFFF; text-align: center; }

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Curtis View Post
    I have the G0633. I love it. Would like to have the new fence system though. The hardest thing to do in switching modes is taking off the fence. Other than that it takes about 30 sec total. And of course rembering to swithc the lever that puts it into the mod eyou want. I ended up using a sharpie to lable the positions of the lever so I would not forget what mode was in the up position. I do have a mobile base that works well. It is a shop fox G7315Z Super Heavy-Duty Mobile Base.

.productThumbnail { width: 32px; height: 32px; border: 1px solid #999999; text-align: center; } .productThumbnail table { width: 32px; height: 32px; } .productThumbnail table td { text-align: center; } table.productImageGrid { margin: 0px 15px 15px 0px; background-color: #FFFFFF; text-align: center; }
    Matthew thanks that was just the kind of feedback I was looking for. what was the picture you were trying to post? It is not showing up.

Vijay