Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How many routers do you own?

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Beckett View Post
    How many routers do you own?
    I want to tell you...but I can't.

Because my wife might read this and make me sell something.
    I am never wrong.

Well...I thought I was wrong once...but I was mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Moyer View Post
    Sorry for rehashing old posts - If I had thought about it would have guessed there was such a post. Maybe I should have asked what the best bandsaw is? Or whether the SawStop is a must buy for safety? (its a joke! sorry to create redundant posts but this one is running so guess I will just leave it to die a natural death)

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Beckett View Post
    Sorry for rehashing old posts - If I had thought about it would have guessed there was such a post. Maybe I should have asked what the best bandsaw is? Or whether the SawStop is a must buy for safety? (its a joke! sorry to create redundant posts but this one is running so guess I will just leave it to die a natural death)
    Lets face it everyone just loves to talk about how many routers they have. I am sure you could start a new thread asking the same question tomorrow and get a bunch of replies.

You could also start one on which table saw blade is the best...

Only five... that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

1 Bosch (older model trim router w/tilt base)
    1 Ryobi (3 HP plunge)
    1 DeWalt DW618 (3 bases)
    5 PC 690's (2 hand held - 2 in a router table - 1 in a Marlin duplicator
    4 Dremels ( 2 hand held - 1 w/base for inlays - 1 w/flex shaft)

12 Total...

...I sure like the looks of the new little Dewalt w/plunge base! (maybe...)
    Women are like phones. They love to be held and talked to, but if you press the wrong buttons you'll get disconnected!

Life is one fool thing after another whereas love is two fool things after each other

More than 25, but less than 30, give or take a few. I own so many that I actually gave away a NIB PC 690 a couple years ago. I got for participating in a Delta design session at IWF in 2008. Thought I wanted one of the little Dewalt plunges until I handled one at the Woodworkijng Show last week. There was so much slop in the plunge, that it could have been used as a domino. I have a bottom of the line Ryobi that has a tighter plunge.
    Last edited by Bruce Wrenn; 04-03-2011 at 10:04 PM.

I only have two at the moment. A PC with 2 bases (a 690???) and a big Milwaukee 5625-20 (courtesy of Mike Goetzke) in the router table. I have been thinking of adding the new mini dewalt, but after Bruce's comments, maybe I won't. Or I'll at least take one for a test drive first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wrenn View Post
    More than 25, but less than 30, give or take a few. I own so many that I actually gave away a NIB PC 690 a couple years ago. I got for participating in a Delta design session at IWF in 2008. Thought I wanted one of the little Dewalt plunges until I handled one at the Woodworkijng Show last week. There was so much slop in the plunge, that it could have been used as a domino. I have a bottom of the line Ryobi that has a tighter plunge.
    And, I have to say - Wow! That is a lot of routers, Bruce.
    It’s only work if somebody makes you do it.
    A day can really slip by when you're deliberately avoiding what you're supposed to do.
    Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side and it binds the universe together.

3.25 Triton in the table
    2 2.25 Craftsman (2 fixed bases, one plunge)
    Rotozip (I never use it as a router though)

and a 2.25 Triton en route

(1) Festool OF1400
    (2) Festool Trim router kit
    (3) PC - 7518 in Lift..
    (4) PC - 690 in seperate lift
    (5) Bosch Colt.
    (6) Milwaukee 1-3/4 hp twin base kit..

Keep thinking of the Festool 1010.. Dunno.

Somehow my wife (and mom) colluded to buy me a Bosch 1617 fix and plunge base kit years ago .. somewhere around 2004 when woodworking was just a glimmer ..

My FIL gave me a craftsman which I have sold and am back down to 1. Small shop here so I think the next router in my future is a little one for the non table mounted tasks.

I know how useful the router can be and have used it to the point of breaking it (and back) .. but yeah, on every project that involves it .. I dread the Router the most.

I think its something about the setup, the multiple passes, dust collection is impossible ( handheld )... I want more routers and one of those 3 Router table tables.... one for rails, one for stiles, one for panels. then .. maybe ill get repeatable results....

DeWalt 625

Milwaukee 5616 fixed base

Festool OF 1400

Some day I will get a shaper with a powerfeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Curtis View Post
    DeWalt 625

Milwaukee 5616 fixed base

Festool OF 1400

Some day I will get a shaper with a powerfeed.
    the day would come soon. good luck.

I currently have three and a half...1 PC 7518
    1PC 890
    1PC 690
    1PC 310(really only half a router)
    Can you tell I like Porter Cable?
    Mick

Over 20, all Porter Cable. Last time I actually counted it was 27, but I buy new and they burn out so the number floats. I have 5 or 6 310's because they quit making them and I stocked up because that is what all my Betterly fixtures use.

I like to have a router with the bit I need in it. Some common bits are worn out before they come out of the router. I do work alternately on site and at the shop so I need routers both places without hauling them back and forth.

And, I just like routers........

Quote Originally Posted by mickey cassiba View Post
    1PC 310(really only half a router)
    ?
    I have to disagree there, its not just half a router. It is by far and away the best small router ever made. I use them constantly, and I have yet to wear one out, and they are so easy on the hand with their small size. They were not cheap, but I consider them worth every penny.

I give them full honors........

Larry

Hey, where did the smiley faces go?