Thread: Source for stanley 45 "washer style" nickers?

Source for stanley 45 "washer style" nickers?

Anyone have a source for stanley 45 "washer style" nickers?

I have looked, and they pop up occasionally on ebay, but I could use a stock of them.

I know they aren't hard to make, but with all the other projects I have going, I don't really want to start another one if I can aviod it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Making furniture teaches us new ways to remove splinters.

Well, darn it. . .dunno how I missed those. Thanks.

Be careful. I ordered a single spur from stanley a little while ago as I needed a spur for a MF #85 rabbet plane (same as Stanley 78). It was significantly different from the original. It was thicker, had longer spurs and a smaller center section. Here is a better picture:
    http://www.stanleytoolparts.com/12-078-6-06-a-26.html
    good luck!

Do be careful. The ones from Stanley are for a letter model and may not fit the older #45. I have made the mistake. Give the folks at St. James Tool a call. SOmetime hard to get a hold of, but they really know the small differences that make things work. http://www.stjamesbaytoolco.com/ And order more than one at a time.

good to know, Dave. Thanks for the warning. I will check them out when they arrive and let ya'll know if they fit a Stanley 45.

St James Bay Tool Co. nickers

St. James Bay Tool nickers. I've used them and they do fit the older 45's. They come a bit rougher than the Stanley originals but it's far easier to do a bit of clean up on these than making one. I checked to see if they fit flush to the skate and i would have to say not quite. You would need to stone them a bit to get a good flush fit but you also need to do that with the originals. Attached picture: top and bottom left, original Stanley nickers; center left, SJB No. 45 nicker; center SJB No. 289 nicker; right SJB No. 46 nicker
    Attached Images Attached Images