Thread: Need source for pen/pencil desk stand...

Need source for pen/pencil desk stand...

I'm making a custom pen & pencil set for a friend who will be giving it as a gift. I need a desk stand to hold the set, and that I will be engraving a logo on. I'm trying to keep the cost down, so I'm opting to buy, rather than custom make a stand. Anyone know a good source for these? I did find some by web searching but they all had small diameter funnels that would only accept a skinny pen. The pen/pencil set i'm making are medium thinkness. Thanks.

Tim
    Epilog Helix 50 Watts
    Rotary Attachment
    CorelDRAW X4

Check with Rockler, Woodcraft or PennState Inds the may have funnels for larger pens.

What I do is drill a hole in the wood for the pen to fit. They sell rings to fit the holes to dress it up a bit.
    Martin Boekers

1 - Epilog Radius 25watt laser 1998
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2005
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2007
    1 - Epilog Fusion M2 32 120watt laser with camera 2015
    2 - Geo Knight K20S 16x20 Heat Press
    Geo Knight K Mug Press,
    Ricoh GX-7000 Dye Sub Printer
    Zerox Phaser 6360 Laser Printer
    numerous other tools and implements
    of distruction/distraction!

I'm not aware of anyone who has funnels larger than a slimline. But if you find them, let
    me know. I know they must be out there and I hate slimlines..

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Boekers View Post
    Check with Rockler, Woodcraft or PennState Inds the may have funnels for larger pens.

What I do is drill a hole in the wood for the pen to fit. They sell rings to fit the holes to dress it up a bit.
    I had already checked them all...they don't have anything that fits larger pens. What's the source for the rings you mentioned...I'd like to see if that will work for me. Thanks.
    Epilog Helix 50 Watts
    Rotary Attachment
    CorelDRAW X4