Thread: GO 440 won't start

GO 440 won't start

Got the Grizzly 440 cyclone a month or so ago and just got to getting the new dedicated circuit run for it. Problem is the collector isn't starting or acting like its getting any power. I checked both wires and they are hot. The remote control housing isn't lighting up at all. I had first used a plug and it didn't work. I then hard wired it and nothing changed. Am I missing something or doing something wrong? Is there a reset button hidden somewhere that i'm not finding? Unfortunately Grizzly is closed today so I will have to call tomorrow.

Blog Entries
    As soon as power is presented to the circuit, the box with the on/off and timer buttons will light the "power" lamp green. This light is lit whenever there is power present whether the machine is running or not. If this light is not lit, power is not present at the control box. I believe you have power present between each of the two 110v lines and your ground, yes? The motor does have thermal overload protection but, it automatically resets once an acceptable operating temperature is seen IIRC. The absence of a "power" light on the control box tells me power is not reaching the circuits. Does another 220v machine operate on this outlet?
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

You say both hots are hot. Could they somehow both be on the same phase? That would give you 120 volts to ground from each one, but 0 volts from hot to hot.