Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to forum

New to forum

011 [800x600].JPG014 [800x600].JPGHa all. I just signed up here yesterday,so thought i would post a thanks for having me here thread.I recognize a bunch of ya from else where, so you know that i'm still a rookie. Been turning on my new 18" grizzly and havn't had any major problems with it since i got it. know a few of ya have seen this box else where, but as it is my latest piece will try to post a pic here just for grins.
    Looking foward to meeting the ones of ya i don't know, and maybe the ones that do know me will let me stay.

Thanks all Steve

Hi Steve welcome to SMC! I think you will really enjoy it here.
    Critiques on works posted are always welcome

3. Hey Steve........welcome to the creek! Come on in the water is fine...........nice box! Just for your information, we have a "Grizzly Green Monster Group" where those with Griz lathes are able to sign up for the group and post pics and discussions pertinent to Grizzly owners. Go to the "community" tab above, click on groups and it will take you there.............hope ya join..............the more the better.

Look forward to seeing those turnings coming off your G0698!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Welcome to the creek. Same rules: no pics - didnt happen! We love LOTS of pics over here. Thanks for joining us!
    mj
    Last edited by Michael James; 05-27-2011 at 6:54 PM. Reason: mind in other jeans

Hey, Steve! Not sure how long you can play the rookie card when you're turning stuff like that... I'm happy to see you over here.

Thanks ya'll. Roger signed up for the grizzly green monster group. Do i get a cookie now?
    David i thought i'd try using that card as long as i could get away with it. Michael hope to be able to put up some more pics as soon as i finish some new ones up.
    Last edited by Steve bellinger; 05-27-2011 at 8:13 PM.

Hey Steve! Welcome! You ain't no rookie!! Card playin' is over.
    ~john
    "There's nothing wrong with Quiet" ` Jeremiah Johnson

Steve - Welcome to the Creek! Looking forward to seeing what you are turning these days!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Welcome, Steve!! I love the wood on that box, BTW. Look forward to seeing some more stuff from you. I rarely get to any other forums, so you need to post 'em here, for sure!

Thanks all.John H but i still think of my self as a rookie. Especially when i see stuff like ya all turn.John K i have a number of stuff in the works so when i get something finished i'll try my luck at a pic or two here also.It seems like every forum has a different way of posting pics. Takes me a little bit to figure them out. As you can tell i'm not real puter savy.Steve you know your stuff along with a crazy nut from Calf. has been my inspiration since i found these forums.
    Steve

Steve - Welcome to the Creek. These people are great. They are very helpful, knowledgeable, and friendly. I hope you enjoy it.
    Thank you,

Rich Aldrich

65 miles SE of Steve Schlumpf.

"To a pessimist, the glass is half empty; to an optimist, the glass is half full; to an engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be." Unknown author

Awww crud...competition just went up! Hey Steve!! Welcome and I know you have more stuff than that!!
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears combat boots

Welcome aboard Steve. Great turning group here. Now, that just does'nt qualify as a rookie box, FYI. Very nice turning, glad you joined.

Welcome Steve,

I think I've heard your line before. I'm a rookie, I've never played poker before,.....

Nice work and please keep sharing it with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Burr View Post
    Awww crud...competition just went up! Hey Steve!! Welcome and I know you have more stuff than that!!
    Didn't know you were here also Jim. Looks like i'm late for the party again.Rich, Roland, Mark thanks for having me here and the kind welcome. Jim and the rest of ya that have seen these please ignore. These are a couple old pieces i've done. The platter was the first burned piece i've ever done on a turning. The box elder vase is the stuff i really like to do. i know some don't like the voids but i think there cool looking.
    Steve004 [640x480].JPG002 [800x600].JPG014 [640x480].JPG