Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hot

hot

hot for this early in summer in virginia

I'll take it over cold and rainy any day.

Yeah, it was hot here yesterday, too.

Some folks loved it. I'd MUCH rather have cold and rainy.

I worked primarily outside too many years. I will take 30 degrees and a breeze any day over bad air, heat, and humidity. Fall is the best, then Winter,then Spring (if we really had one here) and a distant last is Summer.

101 degrees here today, hot, baked, dry, shriveled. Blistered.

Don't tell me that! I'm going to Charlottesville in a few weeks to move my daughter back to SD (PhD grad), so I will have to work in that heat. But I do agree that the Virgina falls are fantastic! Riding motorcycle on the Blue Ridge highway in the fall is just about the best you can get. I've really grown to love VA.
    The Plane Anarchist

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Hamsley View Post
    101 degrees here today, hot, baked, dry, shriveled. Blistered.
    You pretty much summed up the situation in the entire state. Wildfires are really a threat right now. The Okefenokee Swamp is burning (again).

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

Mid 90s here. Kind of hot for this time of year.

Blog Entries
    Come on down to the Texas Gulf Coast where the temperature and the humidity are both in the 90s.

Blog Entries
    Yup it's warming up... it's been in the 90's for a while... yesterday was a nice change of pace with the high in the 80s, though it did rain all day... we needed it.
    Andrew Gibson
    Program Manger and Resident Instructor
    Florida School Of Woodwork

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Rimmer View Post
    Come on down to the Texas Gulf Coast where the temperature and the humidity are both in the 90s.
    Humidity is running pretty low for us, one reason for all the wildfire activity. Currently 92 with 41% humidity. Humidity tonight at 72%. Yuck.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

I don't miss that humidity! After living in Charlottesville for 12 years and fighting through those gross hot and humid summers days, the no humidity of Utah has been very welcome! I was on a bike ride yesterday when one of the guys says "It's humid out today, I can see my sweat". I couldn't help but laugh - I couldn't step outside the AC in VA on a hot summer day without seeing my sweat! That's one of the few things I miss though - VA is an amazing state.

Just hope the summer doesn't turn out like it did last year for you Virginians.

On the left coast: cool and wet. Go figure!
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

is Death Valley on the west coast ? do you consider D V cold or wet

Spend a night in Death Valley sometime and you may find that it is both. The spoiler is the word "Coast" and it is always wet and cold on the West Coast isn't it?
    David B