Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your favorite Car Tires

Blog Entries
    Are you looking at car or light truck tires? I have had good luck with Good Year Wranglers on my Bronco IIs (when they still made the B II) and on my F150s. I have heard a lot of good things about Michelins for pickups. I live south of Houston so I don't have to deal with snow but when I lived in Iowa I noticed a lot of folks had Wrangler tires.

Coopers for my truck and cars.
    Gene
    Life is too short for cheap tools
    GH

There are too many tire models and brands that I haven't used for me to think I have a comprehensive view of the field, but I've always liked the performance and longevity I've gotten from Michelins.

I bought a set of Michelin snow tires this past January... then it didn't snow again for the rest of the winter . Whatever...

I got them from Tirerack and I can't remember a company I've dealt with that gave better, more efficient or friendlier service, before and after the sale; from that one experience I really consider them a superior outfit. YMMV, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    I have had really good luck with Michelins and Toyo's.
    I agree with Ken; would also add Cooper to the list.
    ________
    Ron

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi

I like Gooyear Eagles or Nitto 555's. Right now I have Falken Ziex ze912's and they are decent. Quiet and they grip well. I only got them because I had 2 nails in both rear tires that couldn't be repaired and its the only decent tire Firestone had in stock at the time.
    Last edited by Bryan Morgan; 06-03-2011 at 6:03 PM.

Michelin get good press but they are expensive.
    I have had good luck with Goodyear and Firestone. Have a set of Kelly on my truck right now. Did not last and slide all over the place in the winter.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

I put Goodyear Assurance Triple-treds on my Contour. They are a great tire on snow, rain, and dry roads. Look at the specs for those ratings. I was VERY happy with them.
    brandGoodyearTires[1].jpg
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Cooper on my trucks, Toyo T1R's on my Mazdaspeed in the summer, Blizzaks in the winter.

I like the Michelins on the trucks, but they do not perform any better than the Coopers and cost more than twice as much. Get the same miles out of both.

FWIW, I agree with the previous suggestion to check TireRack.com. You can find reviews about the various qualities of tires that fit your vehicle. I'm sure quietness is among the criteria. When I used TireRack to determine what tire I wanted for my truck...I took that information to the local Firestone store. It wasn't a brand they carry, but they got them for me and have covered them with road hazard, etc. I would hope your local store is just as accommodating.

Andy Haney