Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A couple more HF's

Both of those forms are fantastic and the wood is gorgeous. The lower lip is more in my taste as well.

Thanks for the compliments and the well wishes on my future boss. I also like the lower lip form best. The first form was a save of a kind. I burn my name and a dry fly on the bottom of all my bowls. When burning the fly on the bottom of this form I burned a hole all the way through the bottom. I was able to put a drop of black CA glue in the hole and patch it so that I'm the only one that will ever know unless I tell them about it. I let the drop fill up into a slight hump for the thorax of the fly and it covered up the hole and looks like a small black spot in the wood on the inside of the HF.
    Thanks Again,
    Jack Mincey

Jack,

Beautiful! Did you use the Cobra for these?

Mark

Thanks Mark, these were turned free hand using John Jordan's curved hollowing tools and my home made straight tools. It will be several months before any of the Kobra hollowed HF's are dry enough to finish. I have around 40 HF's that where done free hand ready to finish turn and sand right now, just have to find time.
    Jack

Beautiful, Jack! I love the wood. Your boss will be thrilled! (I would be!)

Beautiful forms and the wood is awesome! Nice job!
    "If it is wood, I will turn it."
    vor-tex: any activity, situation, or way of life regarded as irresistibly engulfing.