Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Those of you born between 1930-1979

Blog Entries
    The younger generations have been going to the dogs since before written history.

Times change. How many of us could go back to when our parents were kids and survive? It would be easier for some than others. The older your folks at the time of your birth, likely the harder it would be.

How many of us could survive in the world of 1900?

What about 1800?

How many would have a fit the first time they wanted to take a hot shower?

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

I was born in 1937. What it is the young today have different values than me, I don't think that they are worse or better just different. What gets me is how smart they seem to be.
    When I went in the USMC it was to get it over so I could get on with my life, today they only go if they volunteer.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Sheppard View Post
    I was born in 1937. What it is the young today have different values than me, I don't think that they are worse or better just different. What gets me is how smart they seem to be.
    When I went in the USMC it was to get it over so I could get on with my life, today they only go if they volunteer.
    Mike
    "Seem" being the important word there... While they might be wizardly at posting on facebook or texting their buddies, very few seem to be able to do anything related to the real world... Hunting, changing oil, growing plants, fixing plumbing, etc...

I will remind everyone that professional and personal attacks are not allowed at SMC per the TOSs.

Political comments aren't allowed either. Please refrain from same and keep it friendly.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    I will remind everyone that professional and personal attacks are not allowed at SMC per the TOSs.

Political comments aren't allowed either. Please refrain from same and keep it friendly.
    Attempting to stay on the straight and narrow...

Every once and a while I stumble on a quote that boils down to, "My generation is/was great, the younger generation sucks." Seems like every generation has written this since we, as humans, learned to write!

I think the only difference now is we hear about all the screw-ups because we have such good communication systems.

My biggest concern with the current generation is that they will be the first to live shorter lives then their parents. If they only would eat more Twinkies and Fruit Loops like I did they would be preserved better. Of course as someone has said in a previous post its that no one is outside anymore. All week we've been in the 70's and during our nightly walks we've only passed one other couple outside. Sad!