Thread: Advice on potential table saw buy -- Delta Model 10

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I own more than one Model 10. The stamped steel wings aren't any problem. My shop saw (model 10) has stamped steel wing on left and cast iron on right. One day I will replace left wing with a router table. The "Jet Loc " fence is a grown up version of the fence you already have, with same problems. The Model 10 with 52' Unifence for $350 is a much better deal. The fence alone cost more than that. You won't have to go to extra expense of replacing fence on saw with this deal. A T-2 Delta fence 30" (home version of Biesemeyer) will run you at least $200 by it's self. The original Model 10 (last made in either 1984 0r 1988) shown is in a commercial setting, which most likely means it worn out and will need some replacement parts, many of which Delta no longer stocks. I paid $75 for the last model10 i bought. Same saw, but in much rougher condition. Cleaned up nicely, and added shop made Biese clone. We break it down and take to job sites for installs.
    Last edited by Bruce Wrenn; 08-14-2011 at 1:27 PM.

The Griz G1022 didn't sell for $400 new...tell them to pound salt! (not really!)

The Cman with the updated Exacta Rip fence might be a decent buy...offer to $200-$225. It has essentially the same guts as the Ridgid saw...different bolt on stuff.

I think that Jet would be a decent buy at $200-$225 also.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....