Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pierced Flair

Pierced Flair

Here is a small little box that I made for a donation for an Epilepsy Foundation auction. I was limited to 3" or less and immediately thought cricket cage type box. So that's the direction I started and with a little warped creativity.. this is what I came up with!

The lid doubles as a top and the pattern on the lid includes a spiral from the outside to the finial.

Osage Orange (hedge for us country folk), 3" tall...exactly, and finished with BLO.

Thanks for looking and feel free to comment or critique.

flair2.jpgflair1.jpgflair3.jpg
    -------
    No, it's not thin enough yet.
    -------

2. That is a right nice piece of work, Scott. should bring a good amount to the Epilepsy foundation.
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Scott that is a beautiful piece. That should do well for the cause.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

That's cool, Scott! I hope it does well in the auction!

That reminds me of those wicker chairs that were the style in the late 80s!

Your irregular forms are continuously refreshing, Scott. The contract and texturing on the lid is my favorite part of this piece though! Thanks for sharing.

Very cool little box Scott! Your creativity is really showing through and I have no doubt this piece will do well!
    "If it is wood, I will turn it."
    vor-tex: any activity, situation, or way of life regarded as irresistibly engulfing.

That's a great piece! Be sure to let us know how well it does at the auction, but I'm thinking it's gonna do EXtremely well!

Wow, that's very nice! When you do the piercing, do you lay it out in pencil first or just do it as you go?
    Doug Swanson

Where are John Keeton and Steve Schlumpf anyway?

Another Awesome piece Scott!!! Well Done, and for a great cause!!!
    “I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.” ~ Albert Einstein

Amazing amt. of work in this..I can't say I like the "hoods" - "flairs" you are putting on recent vessels, but the craftsmanship is amazing. If the Epilepsy F. doesn't get great $$$ for this, they don't know what they have. Good Luck

Now that's a great looking piece...bet it took you most of the day to complete that. Amazing job.

Scott, your piercing skills are improving dramatically! Great work, much improved demarcation lines for the piercings, and I love the texture on the top. Very smooth lines for this one!

I have been asked to do a piece for the auction, as well, and need to get started on it!

great piece Scott, the piecing is well done, love the lid that is a top, great extra, i assume you burned the lines on the top?

Great job Scott. Really nice job on the piercing and burned edges! I believe I would become rather crosseyed just attempting to begin a piece like this!

I like this a lot, nice job.