Thread: Rescue me

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Saw painters preparations

Josh,You are onto something there about what painter's might routinely do as surface treatment on the plate prior to application of paint. I confess that I didn't give it much thought before. I'm wondering what the current wisdom is among these painters. Like, do they routinely do sandblasting?Take care, Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Paulson View Post
    Josh,You are onto something there about what painter's might routinely do as surface treatment on the plate prior to application of paint. I confess that I didn't give it much thought before. I'm wondering what the current wisdom is among these painters. Like, do they routinely do sandblasting?Take care, Jim
    Hopefully the current wisdom is to not paint on a saw. I googled "painted saw". Gag me.

Blog Entries
    I actually have a painted saw hanging in my shop.

I am not sure, but I may have bought it for my dad many years ago for $2. As was often the case with my dad, he gave it back to me years later.

I have not given it much thought since the saw looks to be made in the 1970s or 1980s.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)