Thread: Quicken files on a shared drive?

Quicken files on a shared drive?

Has anyone here installed their Quicken data files on a shared drive? If so, were there any particular problems areas that I should be aware of? The systems use Windows 7 Pro.

I want to be able to access the data from my desktop as well as my laptop.
    Last edited by Bill Miltner; 11-02-2011 at 1:10 PM.

If I remember correctly, you may need to buy a second license to connect to the database from another computer. I may be wrong, but seem to remember this from setting it up for one of my clients.
    Paul

No problem. Can only access the files from one PC at a time (no multi-user access).

Quicken is telling my wife that's not a supported install, which makes no sense but they are blaming that on a corruption issue in our file. I've stayed out of it as I deal with software all day and don't feel like doing it all night. Then again she's an accountant all day...

I don't know if it is a supported use, but I do it all the time. My data file lives on my desktop and I access it from both my laptop and desktop (only one at a time). I've never had an issue.

Thanks for all the replies.

I have an older version of Quicken and it asks where I want to save my files. I tell it to save to my network drive.