Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stupid, stupid, stoooooopid

Bummer Bill. I have to say I have seen a few of those in my turnings. Generally it comes from one final cut to straighten something out.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

I think that all of us have been in your shoes. It's usually when you are tired and want to get done, and you rush something or take that "one last pass", and it's all over before you realize what happened. Your brain says "that is a bad idea", but your hands aren't listening. As Bill Grumbine says, bad words will be said. Sometimes that gives you the opportunity and challenge to find a way to modify or salvage your project. Sometimes it feeds the burn pile and chalks up to practice so that the next one will be even better.

Hey, that's a keeper!!! Put it on a shelf in your shop as a reminder that woodturning is a learning experience.

Sorry for your loss, But there is a saying in our turning club: "never take the last cut"
    Mike
    From the workshop under the staircase, Clinton Township, MI
    Semper Audere!

It has been said many times that things like this are merely design opportunities, but maybe you could make that happen with this piece. BTW, I really do feel for you because this was a really pretty piece. Anyway, if you cut it off at the jagged edge break, could you then create a lid with maybe a finial or something? Would be a shame to chuck it.

Discloser, sorry, I didn't read the responses, so I have no idea if this has been touched on already...
    I drink, therefore I am.