Thread: The most creative use of a Power tool award

Smile The most creative use of a Power tool award

This was taken during a recent Christmas celebration far, far from South Carolina. So what kind of blade do you use for a frozen tenderloin?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Gentleman Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Holman View Post
    So what kind of blade do you use for a frozen tenderloin?
    a clean one

Did Gentleman Jim have some Gentleman Jack?

This is an excellent example of what I used to call FEM (Field Expedient Measures).

I've used my band saw in the past to cut up big chunks of meat (example: a full ham), but the clean up is a chore. I now use a clean hack saw for the bone and cut the meat with a butcher knife. Clean up is much less.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

near San Diego: unincorporated section of county
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Henderson View Post
    I've used my band saw in the past to cut up big chunks of meat (example: a full ham), but the clean up is a chore. I now use a clean hack saw for the bone and cut the meat with a butcher knife. Clean up is much less.

Mike
    You sure got that right Mike. I cut a turkey in half on my bandsaw and it took about 10 hours to get to turkey fat off the tires and bits of turkey out of every corner crevice inside. Never again.

James

Quote Originally Posted by James Baker SD View Post
    You sure got that right Mike. I cut a turkey in half on my bandsaw and it took about 10 hours to get to turkey fat off the tires and bits of turkey out of every corner crevice inside. Never again.

James
    I really laughed out loud when I read your post, James.

BTW, my wife thinks something's wrong with men that we even consider cutting stuff like frozen meat on the bandsaw. But if the butchers can do it, I figured why couldn't I?

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Holman View Post
    This was taken during a recent Christmas celebration far, far from South Carolina. So what kind of blade do you use for a frozen tenderloin?
    Well, since it's a tenderloin, you can probably just use the ice and flesh blade, as opposed to the ice flesh and bone variety.

BTDT. Once only.
    Smoked, salted whole-leg Smithfield ham. Dry and tough. (Imagine a 20-pound chunk of jerky).
    Ran out of patience with the hacksaw, so I went all Tim Taylor on it to git 'er done.
    Took a bit of time to decontaminate the bandsaw, but I was comforted all the while by the aroma of smoked ham.
    The dog took uncommon interest in my bandsaw for a couple of weeks thereafter.

BobV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tom ewell View Post
    a clean one
    lolololololol

Funny, you can cut wood just fine on a meat BS, but the reverse isn't true. Maybe they should put a stainless top and housing with a wash down motor on all saws so we can get can get a bit more work out of them? Ever try making Cole slaw on the BS? I inherited a large bone saw, looks like an over grown hack saw with a bit more reach, way easier to clean up than a power tool. I love the sawzall idea though, they should make a blade for that!

12. My dad used the RAS to cut up some Caribou haunches once, the problem was the meat dust that sprayed the wall behind the saw