Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: $40 gift card to spend at Lowe's, have no clue what to get

wood and more wood

Clamps, clamps, clamps
    Thanks John
    Don't take life too seriously. No one gets out alive anyway!

I was in Home Depot the other day, and the guy in front of me used a Lowes 10% off coupon. I wonder if a Lowes gift card would work at HD?

I went in there today to spend that card. I saw a dovetail jig by General Tools on HD's website that I thought would be great. Watched the video on youtube for how to use it and was all set to go get it. I knew I had seen it at Lowe's before too, but I found out now they don't have it anymore. My wife was all ready to tell me to put money with it and get a drill press but I didn't go down there to spend a bunch more, I just wanted to burn up the card I have and that was it. Since they didn't have that dovetail jig I just looked around for a while trying to decide on what to get and then ended up leaving without buying a thing! Wanted to mull it over some more. Leaning towards a couple of nice router bits, spirals I'm thinking, or a rabbeting bit maybe. Already have one of those but mine is just a 3/16". I'd like to have a big 1/2" with several different bearings, if I could find that there.