Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you get this stuff off?

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Allred View Post
    Here's a little tool I use to get the adhesive paper off small parts. Should work for the plastic, doesn't scratch and is easy to hold and manage.

Cut from 1/8" acrylic and then bevel the small end with a file. If it gets dull just file the bevel sharp again.
    Larry,

I tried it out. Cut the tool, cut some pieces of Romark and it worked perfectly. Great idea. Thanks for sharing.
    Doug
    For all that I know there is so much more to learn.

I use the spay bootle "Goo be gone"

When doing Rowmark, especially engraving white letter on blue background, I remove the plastic and I engrave bottom to top so blue removed doesn't hit the white letters and then when I'm done, I just spray some goo be gone on a rag and give each tag a wipe.

Works real well for me. I find it's better than trying to take the plastic off after the fact.

Bugs
    Bugs

Trotec Speedy 300 - 80W
    Job Control X
    Mac/Fusion 10
    Corel 2018

Darryl- Good advice. I'll try to do that from now on. Thanks!

Doug- Thanks for trying it and the nice words. We make acrylic earrings and accessories for universities, along with the other normal stuff. The front paper comes off first, but it was always a pain to get the back off those small parts after lasering. It's fun to come up with solutions.
    "It always looks darkest just before it goes completely black."

Epilog Helix 50 Watt, Corel X6, Illustrator, Photoshop, Sherline Lathe, Wacom Bamboo tablet and plenty of chocolate.