Thread: tightbond 111

tightbond 111

I have part of a gallon left of tightbond 111 that has been in my workshop for 2-3 years. The glue has never been exposed to extreme temperatures. What is the shelf life of the glue ? I don't want to have a glue joint fail on my current project.

Thanks in advance, ron

They state the shelf life at a minimum of 1 year. I think you are beginning to push it. I would replace it, glue is usually one of the cheapest components in a project. BTW TB III is the hardest of the 3 to tell when it is "dead". If you really don't want to throw it out you could mix it well and try some test joints.
    Last edited by Van Huskey; 01-12-2012 at 10:39 PM.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Van, Thank you. With the price of plywood, I think I will play safe and buy new.

Lowe's states it to be 1 year, that was after a phone call to the number on the gallon container to be sure before I would buy the gallon size.

Easy enough to test: bond two pieces of scrap together as usual, make it a 2 X 2 size. Put in boiling water for 30 minutes, if the joint holds together, it's as good as new.

- Beachside Hank