Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I apologize profusely for this picture

Are you calling Steve an idiot, he just gave you a nice compliment!! Seriously, Michelle, the glueup is perfect and the piece is amazing.

Michelle, this idea came together quite well!! I like it - nice upward lift from the spiral, good form with contrast in the finial. Great work!!

I can see why your camera gave up after taking a single picture of it. I would have given up before even trying to attempt it!

Holy makkel dere Andy! I can't even imagine how you can imagine coming up with that. I hope you sell your pieces and that you do well because you don't have any competition. This is so unique that it would be difficult for anyone to copy. Too cool!

supercool piece and excellent execution as per usual

very nice job what is the wood Im working on the same lines soon as I finish building the jig hope I have your luck I was planning on working is ash

Sorry Michele, I was obviously having a senior moment. I never equated your piece to segmented processes........rings glued one on top of another......duh....what a novel concept. Anyway, it is a lovely piece. Being a flatboarder in another life before turning I have accrued hundreds of board feet of various woods that are being unused in my garage. Oh my, now I will have even a harder time accepting logs.
    I turn, therefore I am

good morning dick. Senior moments are a daily occurance for me, so I understand totally!!! I've made these bowls from a board for 20?yrs..they were my best sellers for years. cheap to produce & can get great color in them. enjoy the day
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe

Bill D. now this is a comment that warms the cockels of my heart. Feel free to comment again, any time!!! :-)
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe