Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Looking for outfeed table ideas

1. Here is how I did my outfeed. Big enough for how I work and portable.

http://www.datasystemsltd.com/extension
    Steven

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome Hanby View Post
    Well the way you work, we expect to see pictures of the finished product by Wednesday <g>
    Yeah, and they should include a gloat about buying a like-new cabinet at a scratch and dent price with a coupon for a final price of (let's just say) $25.

Here's the completed drawer unit under the extension table. Tomorrow will hopefully see work on the unit for right behind the saw.

And I did get another tool chest but had to pay full price for it. Sears seems to have stopped signficantly discounting the scratch and dent stuff. They slightly discount the "crushed and beat to heck" stuff. S&D seems to be the norm for the first quality now. I bought one from Tractor Supply that seems better made than Sears, but it was one from their previous supplier--the new supplier is slightly lighter duty, or about the same as Sears.

IMG_1397.jpgIMG_1398.jpg

And here's my sled/miter gauge storage unit. I probably should have done the slides differently but its easy enough to make that change.

IMG_1404.jpgIMG_1405.jpgIMG_1406.jpg

Hi Matt, nice work - and you cover ground fast. Just starting to design some infeed/outfeed table extensions using phenolic coated birch ply much like that you seem to have. A couple of questions (or maybe somebody else has experience?):

1. Does it machine OK without damaging edges? For example can you run edges over a jointer and not nick the knives on either the glue in the birch ply, or the phenolic layer?

2. Have you tried gluing the stuff phenolic face to phenolic face? Epoxy is normally compatible with phenolic resins, but it'd depend on how well bonded the phenolic layer is over the ply too.

ian

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Matt, you could take from my design in general and rather than making it folding, just extend the "fixed" portion out to where you want it to be. This really isn't a horribly difficult project, either...sketch out what you want and have-at-it. Simple plywood frame and top covered with laminate. Routed slots for miter/sled clearance. Mounted a "proverbial hair" lower than your cast iron top. And you can design whatever storage for under it that makes sense for you, either up front or later.
    I have used Jims design with both my contractors saw and my current cabinet saw and it worked excellent with both. I have a massive outfeed table on my current cab saw.
    There's one in every crowd......and it's usually me!

It's pretty durable at the edges but I didn't joint it. I didn't glue either. Just screws.