Thread: Another HF

Another HF

This is another HF with a collar, I've gotten to enjoy turning these forms with collars and rings of different species. It's S.A. mahogany with a walnut collar & stubby finial. Now that it's all said and done, I think this form could have used a quite tall finial, but I'll move on. 6 3/4" x 4 1/2" x 3/16", finished with BLO, shellac and 8 - 10 coats of RC lacquer. Critiques & C.C. are always welcomed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very, very nice! I love the flame finial on this piece and everything else about it! Top notch in my book!

Beautiful work! The two woods compliment each other, and I think the finial works well here. Again, the proportions seem right.
    If you are worried about the finial, you could always make a new piece with a taller one, and compare the two side, by side.
    It’s only work if somebody makes you do it.
    A day can really slip by when you're deliberately avoiding what you're supposed to do.
    Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side and it binds the universe together.

Roland,
    You are ion a roll. This one is especially nice. I too like the Knob/Finial and I love the way you did the bottom of the Finial also. Great choice of woods and wonderful form. A+ in my book.
    Regards, Ken

Become a Contributor at SMC and keep this great source of Knowledge and help from becoming only a memory.

This one is really nice, Roland..I love the finish!

Great job Roland! I think it looks just right as is. My only thought would be that if the lid was a bit bigger, it might be more useful to actually put things in.

Beautiful piece Roland. Like you I seem to find more and more of my pieces getting an inset piece of wood starting a collar. Just seems to spark my interest more and more. Might be why I'm so attracted to this fine HF.

Really great piece Roland love the colors and shape. Would like to see the bottom portion to see how it sets.
    Comments and Constructive Criticism Welcome

Haste in every craft or business brings failures. Herodotus,450 B.C.

9. That is gorgeous, Roland! Looks like you are giving that monster rig a good workout!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

SWEEEET!! That is a beauty.
    "So much wood - So little time ! "
    Past President Western Mountain Woodturners
    Past President Maine Woodturners

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Robinette View Post
    Really great piece Roland love the colors and shape. Would like to see the bottom portion to see how it sets.
    FYI, Thanks Harry
    Attached Images Attached Images

Really nice Roland.
    -------
    No, it's not thin enough yet.
    -------