Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tool Chest Complete

Tool Chest Complete

Hi Folks,

I just finished my Anarchical Tool Chest, ala Chris Schwarz. Well, I broke about every one of his 12 "rules," if you think an anarchist can even have rules. But, the rules are appropriate limitations to a tool chest to help it be primarily useful, and I only broke them a little bit. It all started by being given some very wonky walnut and it all went downhill from there. Hope you enjoy the images, expertly taken to not reveal any of the little blemishes and fixes. I am pretty happy with it considering it was maybe my 5th woodworking project, completed exclusively with hand tools. Observations and expert critiques are welcome.

Cheers,

Matt
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks very nice.

Wow! Looks amazing!

Matt, that looks great, love the contrast of the woods and with the green, very nice.
    Thanks for sharing.

Pete

That's a very handsome chest. The big burl (is that what you call it?) on the lid's panel makes it very elegant!

If I'm seeing things correctly, you have a middle "tray" that is an independent carcase for the drawers - is that right? In any case, it's pretty clever

WOW! That is absolutely fantastic. Just phenomenal workmanship. To my eye, everything looks awesome, the frame & panels, the fit of the drawers, the grain selection and finish on the walnut....Everything is just great all around. So glad you shared!

Stunning! Love the color. They'll be fighting over this one a hundred years from now.

Very nice! I like your wood choices.

Excellent. I just finished reading the book. I'd like to build one of these myself one day.

Very nice work. Love the burl in the lid.
    If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. Mario Andretti

Just fantastic. I sure hope my copy of ATC infuses such talent in me!!!!! Great work!!!
    Last edited by Archie England; 01-31-2012 at 4:01 PM.

That's for tools, Matt? It looks like something I'd put silverware in! Very nice work indeed. The colors work well together, and I don't see any mistakes, and I'm sure it's not just the pictures.

Great job. Thanks for sharing.

Joe

That thing is beautiful. Who'da thunk that avocado green would look so good?

I believe you have miserably failed.
    Send it to me and I will make sure it is never seen again....

No racing stripes, no power strip, no drainage holes, no diamond plate, no Ridgidiot tool calendar....

My furniture should look this good.
    I'm going down to the basement to bang some nails into my bench, now.

Very nice, Matt. I'm (hopefully) not too far behind you, I've been doing lumber searches so I can start my own. I hope to get close to the high bar you've set!

daniel
    Not all chemicals are bad. Without hydrogen or oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer.