Thread: Need advice ASAP!

Need advice ASAP!

A friend has a Woodmaster 38 inch sander he offered to sell me. I've looked at Delta and Jet and the open end sanders are going to run about $1100 new. He offered a 38 Woodmaster for $1200. Not sure of the year but it's blue if that helps any. I don't know anything about them as I've never owned one but is that price about right or is it gloatworthy? It's in good shape, he said single phase but said it had a VFD for speed control. VFD means 3 phase to me but thats no problem.He also said he wasn't sure but thinks it's about 5 HP.

I've got to let him know in a couple of hours or he will sell it to anyone and, if that price is as good as I think it is, it won't last long. Any thoughts? Anyone have one? Someone help me out before I miss out.

Sounds like the model 3875.

Tell him "no" and give me his phone number.

http://www.woodmastertools.com/store.cfm?CID=12
    When I started woodworking, I didn't know squat. I have progressed in 30 years - now I do know squat.

If it's running, grab it!
    Yes, it's gloat worthy.
    "The first thing you need to know, will likely be the last thing you learn." (Unknown)

I used one for about 20 years. That is about how old the one your friend has. If it is in good condition, that is a good price & will serve you well for many years.

It's most likely single phase with a separate DC motor for the feed belt. Grab it. Dave

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Gloat worthy. I have the 26" Woodmaster. IMO, there is no comparison between the Woodmaster and the open end sanders (or any other drum sander).
    They are BIG machines, make sure you have the room for it!
    Please help support the Creek.

"The older I get, the better I used to be."
    Lee Trevino

I love mine, go for it! BTW be sure to place it close to your DC! Russ

Is this a trick question?

And by the way, you suck.

Y'all talked me into it! Well...didn't really take much talking! I just called and told him I would take it. Headed down to pick it up tommorrow afternoon. I know I know, no pic didn't happen. I'll upload as soon as I get it to my shop.

Weird.

You don't have it. We don't have pics.

And yet ... curiously ... you already suck
    He's no fun. He fell right over !