Thread: SuperNova2 Chuck Question

SuperNova2 Chuck Question

I see several places with the SN2 chuck on sale and they seem to be on "closeout" or have limited quantities.
    Are they discontinuing the chuck?

Thanks
    -Wes

I seriously doubt it. I think it's probably their most popular chuck. I own 4.

Jason

I am guessing it is just the cyclical sales that Teknatool runs on their chucks. Like Jason, I doubt they would discontinue one of the most popular chucks on the market.

I just purchased a reconditioned SN2 direct from Teknatool. Good value @ $99. Just like new.

I went on the Teknatool site a couple of days ago and found that the reconditioned chucks weren't available at present. I "need" another one for some 4" longnose jaws..................
    *** "I have gained insights from many sources... experts, tradesman & novices.... no one has a monopoly on good ideas." Jim Dailey, SMC, Feb. 19, 2007
    *** "The best way to get better is to leave your ego in the parking lot."----Eddie Wood, 1994
    *** We discovered that he had been educated beyond his intelligence........
    *** Student of Rigonomics & Gizmology

Waste Knot Woods
    Rice, VA

Well, if they're discontinuing the chuck, I better go buy a couple more.....

Went to the Nova site just now, SN2 reconditioned in stock, had to order another one........the voices were calling me..........
    *** "I have gained insights from many sources... experts, tradesman & novices.... no one has a monopoly on good ideas." Jim Dailey, SMC, Feb. 19, 2007
    *** "The best way to get better is to leave your ego in the parking lot."----Eddie Wood, 1994
    *** We discovered that he had been educated beyond his intelligence........
    *** Student of Rigonomics & Gizmology

Waste Knot Woods
    Rice, VA

I told a friend on Thursday night that I got along fine with only one chuck (a SN2). Friday morning I got an email from Craft Supplies and saw they had the SN2 for almost 25% off and free shipping. Another is now heading my way!

Lee Valley discontinued the Teknatool chucks and recently began carrying Axminster. Any idea what is behind that?

I was going to order one off the website yesterday, and it appeared that you could not add one to your cart. So I called teknatool and a guy answered, and said that they still had them, just had to reset the quantities on the website. Apparently he did shortly after that. I just ordered mine directly from the guy while I was talking to him. I will have 3 of them now. Jared

I would guess that the only reason they would be is they are coming out with a "SuperNova-3" (we own, ah 6? SN-2's)
    Making sawdust mostly, sometimes I get something else, but that is more by accident then design.