Thread: 18 gauge air nailer nail brand comparison

18 gauge air nailer nail brand comparison

I just experimentally verified that the 5000 pack 1 1/4" 18 gauge nails from Harbor Freight work infinitely better than the smaller packs of the same size nails from Porter Cable...that you've purchased and now cannot find in your shop for love or money <g>.

Lost something in the shop eh? I keep telling my wife, if she ever finds me dead in the shop, the root cause is probably because I set my pencil somewhere and couldn't find it.

I probably look pretty OCD at times in my shop. I've driven myself so crazy setting something down and being unable to lay hands on it again that for a few items, pencils, screw drivers, chisels, tape measures and a few others, I will walk across the shop, put them back where they belong then return in a few minutes to get them again and may repeat that 20 times. So far I've burned about 2 hours looking for those stupid nails, makes that OCD thing look pretty attractive <g>

Blog Entries
    I've always just put things down and then not be able to find them. Since I moved and have only half a garage, I've spent a lot of time organizing. I might have to walk across the room to get something, but I KNOW where it is. Helps a lot, just have to be disciplined to put it BACK when I'm done!

Mr. Lifer has the correct plan. Everything in my shop has a home. OCD (organizational compulsive disorder)? Yep! I admit it.
    Bill
    On the other hand, I still have five fingers.

I'm working my way in that direction. Have a wall of pegboard and I'm working on my third shop cabinet. I've got enough pegboard from a CL buy I made and took the poster at his word on the actual size (it wasn't <g>) that I can put at least one rack on every stand that I build. Eventually every tool should have all it's accessories and adjusters mounted on it's stand.

dude, i went through the shop drawers the other day looking for exactly that small pack of nails and you know what i found? three unused canisters of caulking!!!

You should have just asked, I knew where the caulk was <lol>

Quote Originally Posted by frank shic View Post
    dude, i went through the shop drawers the other day looking for exactly that small pack of nails and you know what i found? three unused canisters of caulking!!!

I keep telling the guys in the shop to stop putting things back where they belong. I can never find them.

As far as pencils go.... I used to work in my brother in laws shop and he had exactly one pencil that we had to share between the two of us. We spent more time looking for the damn pencil than woodworking. When I built my shop, I went to the dollar store, spent $10 and bought 500 pencils. Then I bought an electric pencil sharpener and plugged it in. I NEVER have to look for a pencil in my shop....

I quit misplacing pencils and tape measures after I got a good shop apron...now if I could just find the danged apron!

There's a lot of truth in the thought that knowing where your stuff is is no small task. I'm slowly working towards having my shop properly set up - but seem to spend forever searching...

ian

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Wright View Post
    As far as pencils go.... I used to work in my brother in laws shop and he had exactly one pencil that we had to share between the two of us. We spent more time looking for the damn pencil than woodworking. When I built my shop, I went to the dollar store, spent $10 and bought 500 pencils. Then I bought an electric pencil sharpener and plugged it in. I NEVER have to look for a pencil in my shop....
    sounds like a timesaver for an absent-minded guy like myself!