Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mom's

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Trout View Post
    James,
    yes the pieces of wood are connected. I look for specific pieces that will suit my needs. When you try to place pieces of wood in a pattern in my opinion it looses that organic feel. That is one of the reasons I dislike the term "worthless wood" as finding the right piece wood and the way the piece of wood is oriented is a big part of the artistry. Finding the right piece of wood can be a bit of a challenge at times. Yes, I use Alumilite. However any other Polyurethane resin should work. The reason I don't use the polyester resins is that there is to much shrinkage for this application.
    Alan
    Alan, thanks for the quick reply. Just one more question that deals with the CA. How do you apply it on such a large form?

"The best things in life are not things."

Sweet! While I know that Mom's love our stuff no matter what it looks like (macaroni necklace anyone?), It seems that your mother has very good taste. Great colors and form.
    Call me Jim, James seems so stuffy.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

James,

Applying CA to a large form is about technique. It is one of those things that is best seen to understand. Took me quite a while to get it down pat and the technique is evolving all the time. Sorry I can't help more but maybe one of these day's I will do a video.

Thanks,

Alan

Blog Entries
    Alan, your work is in a class all by itself. Absolutely superb, thanks for sharing it with us.
    What you listen to is your business....what you hear is ours.