Thread: Woodcraft: Allentown or Downingtown?

Woodcraft: Allentown or Downingtown?

With the big Woodcraft sale happening this Friday and Saturday, I figured I would head to the store Saturday morning and maybe pick up a few things. I'm wondering which store I should head to: the one in Downingtown, PA or the one in Allentown, PA? I live in Bucks County, just a few miles east of Doylestown (right by 313 & 263). It's about the same distance and time to either store, but neither is convenient.

I went to the Downingtown store a couple years ago, probably around this same time. The store was nice, as were the people. I've never been to the Allentown store. The Woodcraft website seems to think my "local" store is the Allentown one. Has anybody been to both and can comment on which one has the better selection, nicer store, nicer people, etc?

With Woodworker's Haven in Southampton closing I don't have any local stores around that I know of. I went into the MLCS/PSI store a few weeks ago; didn't get the greatest vibe from that place unfortunately. Plus not the same style as either Woodworker's Haven or Woodcraft.

Steve,

Wish I was able to compare the two stores for you but I was in the Allentown one this past Sunday. A lot depends on what you are looking for. They carry quite a bit items but not necessarily a lot of quantity of each item. Forrest blades was a good example. They only had about five different ones but only one of each.

woodcraft Delaware

you might want to consider the wilmington de. store ....Here there same -same...cept ready ??? No sales tax....

you might want to try the Wilm.De store ,,,,here there same-same--cept ready no sales tax

I think the Wilmington store might even be more inconvenient. But I will consider it if/when I ever get the room for a large tool and SWMBO lets me get it.

Thanks. I think I'll head to the Downingtown store simply because I know what it's like.

Downingtown store gets my vote simply because it is owned / run by Tom Temple and he is very friendly and helpful.
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.
    -Bill Watterson

Reminds me of my safari in Africa. Somebody forgot the corkscrew and for several days we had to live on nothing but food and water.
    -W. C. Fields