Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trying to make a comeback to woodworking...new shop pics inside...

Terry Hatfield, Terry Hatfield. Wait a minute, I know that name from somewhere in the deep dark past.

Welcome Back!! You've been missed.
    Dave Anderson

Chester, NH

Ouch!! Broken hand.
    Hey I'll be in Springdale sometime tomorrow. Loading at Cargill.

+1 on the Crocs.

Get a pair without ventilation holes.
    I'm just sayin' - someday your shop won't look so much like a Surgi-center.

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Hi Terry! It is good to see your name again.
    How in the heck did you break your hand?! That does not sound like any kind of fun!
    I still love your digs!
    Please help support the Creek.

"The older I get, the better I used to be."
    Lee Trevino

Thanks guys. I fell in my office and stuck my hand out to catch myself. My hand hit the edge of my desk and broke it. I'm thankful that I don't have the big split any more that had all of my fingers involved. That made me just about helpless. My orthopedic guy made a custom splint for it that allows my thumb, index finger and middle finger to be free. That has at lesat allowed me to be able to tie my own shoes!!! Looks like 2-3 more weeks with the smaller split and then to rehab. **sigh** Appreciate your prayers that everything will be ok. They had discussed surgery but decided that it was lined up close enough as is. It is still hurting and swelling even though it's been a month since I did it. I'm back to the ortho guy on the 22nd. I'll know more then.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Clardy View Post
    Ouch!! Broken hand.
    Hey I'll be in Springdale sometime tomorrow. Loading at Cargill.
    Sorry Steve. Didn't see this until now. Sunday's are pretty crazy around here any more!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Anderson NH View Post
    Terry Hatfield, Terry Hatfield. Wait a minute, I know that name from somewhere in the deep dark past.

Welcome Back!! You've been missed.
    Thanks Dave! I've missed being here. Life kinda got in the way of woodworking. I've promised Cheryl a new dining room set so hopefully once the hand is healed I can get back to it.