Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: bulk black kreg screws?

Here's another supplier I think they do bulk

http://www.deerwood.com/catalog/inde...n71gp9ukfat3o5

Jim

2. Quote Originally Posted by Sam Murdoch View Post
    David - have you had good experience with these screws and this company? Are the screws rugged? No stripping out the slots or snapping off under load? Are the pocket screws as good or better than the Kreg originals? Looks like a good source if you answer yes to all the above

and +++ X 10 to all those who say steer away from dry wall screws for woodworking. Do yourself a favor and don't cheap out on screws.
    Sam,

Good company and good products as far as I can tell. I just received my first order from them. The pocket screws seem fine. No problems with camming out or snapping. I'm just finding that I like torx drive fasteners for just about everything, if I can find them. In the past I had a little trouble with square drive pocket screws in tight quarters where I couldn't get a good straight shot with the long driver and the driver would slip out of the head. The torx drive seems superior in those situations.

I certainly agree about torxs - they are by far, my favorite Thanks for the info.
    "... for when we become in heart completely poor, we at once are the treasurers & disbursers of enormous riches."
    WQJudge

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Stace View Post
    I hate the shiny stainless ones, stand out way to much.
    Why not plug the hole? When I use pocket screws ina place that can be seen, i always use the plug inserts to cover the holes/heads.