Thread: How to level slightly uneven concrete floor

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Three point tools occured to me but not always a good solution. I don;t want to add too much overall thickness if I can help it.

I need to find a local supplier of coatings. Not a Home Depot or Lowes. Otherwise I will live with what I have. It's not that bad, but if I could improve it without too much hassle I would.

How out is out? You haven't stated how unlevel it is, 1/8", 1/4" or larger. Is it high in the middle and lower to the sides, wavy, etc.

If its only off by 1/8" or so try some floor leveler and see what happens. If it cracks then you need to consider a wood floor. The wood floor will work fine with the floor leveler since it will spread the force across the floor and not just on 1 area where the machine is.

I have a 20x20 shop and my wood floor cost 700.00 or so and that was 3/4 OSB, pressure treated sleepers, insultation, plastic, screws and paint. I mainly did it for insulation but my back has felt better also.
    Don

Quote Originally Posted by Don Jarvie View Post
    How out is out? You haven't stated how unlevel it is, 1/8", 1/4" or larger. Is it high in the middle and lower to the sides, wavy, etc.

If its only off by 1/8" or so try some floor leveler and see what happens. If it cracks then you need to consider a wood floor. The wood floor will work fine with the floor leveler since it will spread the force across the floor and not just on 1 area where the machine is.

I have a 20x20 shop and my wood floor cost 700.00 or so and that was 3/4 OSB, pressure treated sleepers, insultation, plastic, screws and paint. I mainly did it for insulation but my back has felt better also.
    It's not that bad, just enough that four legged stands/tables wobble. Not sure I want to put down a wood floor. However, I should give it some thought. I haven't built any cabinets yet so now is the time to do it. I'd have to have a slope or slight step down at doorways though.

I need an auto-leveling product that can tolerate 1/8" thickness or so. I would think epoxy based would hold up the best if it can tolerate the variation in thickness (paint-thin to 1/8" or so, maybe a hair thicker).