Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Must Sees in Dallas?

Blog Entries
    After taking a poll around the office, it was decided that Dickey's BBQ is another very good choice for Texas BBQ. Try the beef ribs. Umm Umm good! One guy says there are several very good BBQ places in Euless (Which is close to the airport). Just drive around, you'll find something!
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Belinda Williamson View Post
    Doing work at the airport, so I'll be staying right there as this is easiest for the folks paying the bill and providing transportation to and from workplace. I'll just include a rental instead of cabfare.

On the BBQ issue, my uncle lived in Port Neches for about 35 years. We have an ongoing family battle with my dad swearing it ain't BBQ unless it's pork and Uncle Fred swearing on all that's holy that the only real BBQ is beef brisket. And don't even get me started on the Sauce Wars.

When in Texas beef is BBQ, not pork or chicken! and forget about putting sauce on it, that might get ya run outta town!! BTW, Dallas and the area got hit really hard with tornadoes last week, expect that there may be alot of places closed, due to damages and traffic maybe a little heavier than normal in areas, check with the local guys on here for additional info
    Last edited by greg lindsey; 04-10-2012 at 2:30 PM.

Epilog Fusion Fiber 30 watt
    Epilog 36 EXT 75 watt
    Epilog 36 EXT 60watt x 2
    Epilog 32Ex 60watt (new tube, putting out 72 watts)
    Epilog Summit 25watt x2
    IL-60 2 x 100 watts 60" x 120"
    Corel X6
    Adobe CS6 Master Edition
    "http://www.sawmillcreek.org/friends.php?id=128

Thanks Eric! Now we're talking - a train. I should'uv thunk of that. I'll probably still get a rental.

Log Cabin Village - absolutely!

And . . . I just discovered the 'Chihuly at the Dallas Arboretum" (another interest). In case you don't already know about it http://www.dallasarboretum.org/chihu...ulyNights.html

Lonesome Dove Bistro - Lonesome Dove is one of my favorite TV miniseries. The menu sounds interesting. Fortunately I have a generous meal allowance. When I travel I tend to go big on breakfast, lunch may not even happen, and I like something really tasty for dinner.

Goof that I am, I've just remembered that I have a first cousin in the area.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Browning View Post
    After taking a poll around the office, it was decided that Dickey's BBQ is another very good choice for Texas BBQ. Try the beef ribs. Umm Umm good! One guy says there are several very good BBQ places in Euless (Which is close to the airport). Just drive around, you'll find something!
    Wow, an office poll! Thanks Larry, it was very nice of you to do that for me. We have a Dickeys here but it is probably not the same as I think ours is part a chain restaurant.

Quote Originally Posted by greg lindsey View Post
    When in Texas beef is BBQ, not pork or chicken! and forget about putting sauce on it, that might get ya run outta town!! BTW, Dallas and the area got hit really hard with tornadoes last week, expect that there may be alot of places closed, due to damages and traffic maybe a little heavier than normal in areas, check with the local guys on here for additional info
    I'm not one to ruin meat with sauce. If you gotta' add sauce, something is wrong. I do occasionally put sauce on pulled pork but it is a mustard vinegar sauce. I don't care at all for glorified ketchup on my ribs or my brisket. I'll do some more checking with the locals when I get there, I'm sure they'll have lots of suggestions, and the latest on repairs after the tornadoes.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    Bella Terra

While you're there, stop in Arlington and say hi to my grandkids there. Don't waste your time on the football palace. Just an homage to greed!

congrats on this trip to Texas

Okay, notification today of change in plans. Schedule changed to first weekend in June in San Antonio! So, beyond the Alamo and the caverns . . . and a boot maker who will make me a pair of custom fitted boots in the hide of my choice . . . suggestions?

Bella Terra

Do the River Walk.........it's close to the Alamo.....Lots of good restaurants.......SAS shoes had 2 outlet stores where you can get some really good prices on some good shoes. I haven't been there in 4-5 year so that might have changed. I still have one pair of SAS shoes in the box that we bought 4-5 years ago.......
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

On the river walk, there is a jazz place that my wife loves. (I've not been there.) But she said the food is lousy. So eat somewhere else. Beyond that, it's been 20 years since I've been in SA. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Quote Originally Posted by Belinda Williamson View Post
    Okay, notification today of change in plans. Schedule changed to first weekend in June in San Antonio! So, beyond the Alamo and the caverns . . . and a boot maker who will make me a pair of custom fitted boots in the hide of my choice . . . suggestions?
    can you use cat fish skin for boots ? gator will possible be the best