Thread: Woodpecker drill press table

Woodpecker drill press table

Why did I wait so long to install a drill press table?
    Here's a video of the installation and a router jig I made to help.

Alan

Nice install.
    I have a similar table that was made by Incra. It makes the drill press much more usable for woodworking application.

PS.
    Nice router guide you made. I see a cross application as an edge guide. Hope you don't mind if I sort of borrow your design.

Mike
    "The first thing you need to know, will likely be the last thing you learn." (Unknown)

Thanks... of course, take anything you find useful.
    I've discovered that whenever you share you ideas, you get back double.

I'm quite impressed that you did everything one-handed!
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Cool, thanks for posting!
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Thanks Alan. I have the same one too. My one reservation is that the metal fittings (stops, clamps, slots etc) are pretty light duty and need handling carefully to avoid damage and/or slippage.

ian

I looked at that table and then I found one at Rockler that was damaged and got it cheap and had to make my own table for it. I used the fence and that was about all but I get it cheap enough it was worth it.

Another way to attache it is like the first 2 images, made L bracket type things on the bottom and then used a T nut on each side and a star handled bolt to hold it in place, goes on in a flash and I can pull it off in a flash.

110693444.6lYzpyaj.PB133022.jpg110697540.DIcWCpE1.P3287992.jpg

On the inserts I really like using them and have found the drill press and this little tool is really nice. Chuck the tool in the drill press and turn it by hand and with the little tool they go in nice and straight. Even when I have something that I can put on the drill press and use a drill driver they still go in nice and straight. The tools I have are E-Z Lok and work great, they have a spring ball to hold the insert and 2 wings that fit into the slots.

31OerLGAnxL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

That looks slick and definitely faster removal / install of the table.

Blog Entries
    Looks great Alan. I too used inserts on mine. It has seen serious duty for several years. Only been off once.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

I made a similar table since the Woodpecker one was a little too tall for my taste. I used a forstner bit to drill a 1" hole and inserted hardwood dowels. I used regular screws into the dowels to hold the table on.

Nice Video. Thanks for posting.

-Gary