Thread: Thanks to All on Sawmill Creek!!!

Thanks to All on Sawmill Creek!!!

Couldn't/ Wouldn't have done it without you!

So,
    I've been lurking around this discussion group for several months now. From the input that I saw here, I ended up with 2 Shenhui machines. Two days ago, we finally got our 1st machine dialed in, leveled, bed aligned, laser aligned, and cutting great. I've been busy with lots of other stuff so it took a while. Changed out a few of the stock items of the machine. made a DIY air scrubber inspired by Dan's post. Wiring up the machines took some time. Finally, yesterday we started cutting out some projects. I'm still on the hunt for an economic opaque colored (tan) plastic (.0625" ish) for a marketing project. We've had great luck with 1/2" birch ply and 1/4" sand ply ($17/4x8 sheet - very must like 1/4" lauan but a thicker sanded veneer). Our first few projects are for a Cub Scout recruiting effort for our pack this weekend. i figure it should capture the attention/imagination of some new recruits.

See photos below:
    A catapult & a rocket. A couple test projects found online...
    IMG_0288.jpgIMG_0289.jpg

Thanks again to all!

Eric Ucci

Shenhui SH-1490 150w reci
    Shenhui SH-690 60w

Nice work, Eric! I'm sure those scouts will LOVE both items. The big question is: can we knock over the rocket with our catapult?
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong

Now you're thinkin' like a nine year old boy. I think I'll make a cardboard castle cut-out with varying sized window holes (smaller hole/more points) for the boys to take shots at. Its the elementary school's Carnival. I think we could make a fun game out of it. What do 9 year old boys need? somethin' to shoot at

Hi Eric,

I love the simple catapult design with ammo and immediately thought of my six year old and his angry birds addiction. Rubber band powered? Are you able to share your source for the design?
    Shenhui 80W RECI (1200mm x 800mm)
    Corel X5, Autocad, Solidworks
    Aviation Project Engineer
    Hobbies: Fishing, Woodworking, blacksmithing & welding, electronics

Doane,
    We found this online. As a test of the machine we grabbed a few things off the internet just to get started. I don't have the rights to publish the file, but now we'll be making our own designs and I'll post and share some of them as we go.

Eric Ucci

Shenhui SH-1490 150w reci
    Shenhui SH-690 60w

And.... oh yeah
    It is rubber band powered.

The Catapult reminds me of the Sony Six Sigma trainng.... LOL.... Shooting Ping Pong Balls down the passagway...
    1 Laser, 4 CarveWrights, Star 912 Rotary, CLTT, Sublimation, FC7000 Vinyl, 911 Signs, Street Signs, Tourist Products and more.
    Home of the Fire Department "Epoxy Dome Accountability Tag and Accountability Boards".