Thread: Posted this on OWWM, but just in case....

Posted this on OWWM, but just in case....

I'm looking for a cast iron dust chute to fit a Rockwell RC-33. Think that DC-33 and 22-460 all describe the same unit. Let me know if you can think of a possible source. I checked Ereplacement and Mikes Tools but had no luck.

Any help appreciated, thanks for reading!

Jerome,
    I had the same problem.
    You may get a response from owwm.org in their BOYD (Bring Out Your Dead) classified section, but I think that's a long shot.
    I worked around it by modifying this:
    http://www.ereplacementparts.com/dus...-p-203534.html
    This requires you to cut down both sides to reduce the width to fit and fill in the resulting void to form a seal to your machine as well as modifying the fastening holes, BUT it works well as a work around.
    Craig

I've got a dust chute, it's made from sheet metal. I just like the look of that cast iron original! Thanks for the source!

If the original was cast, it was more than likely cast aluminum instead of cast iron. Cheaper to make and lighter to ship.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wrenn View Post
    If the original was cast, it was more than likely cast aluminum instead of cast iron. Cheaper to make and lighter to ship.

I haven't seen one in the flesh, just pictures (including one I got beaten out of on the evil auction site), but it looked like cast iron...

It's Iron and very well cast and machined @ least the one on my old machine was.