I don't shop for insurance just based on price...reputation and good claims experience, not to mention comprehensive coverage is what I look at first. A good, independent agent is the best way to get both great coverage that meets your needs as well as a palatable price.

FYI, Progressive has had my auto insurance for many years and my experience with them has been superb...I would not leave them for a few bucks of premium difference. Chubb has our homeowners as they offer specific coverage that is best for homes and properties like ours that have "very old" origins (250 years in the case of one portion of our home) and their coverage is more comprehensive than normal HO3 policies from other carriers. They are not inexpensive, but by putting in an alarm system as well as upping our deductible to $2500 (increasing self-insurance), our premium is not much more than it would be for less coverage from other carriers. They actually do a formal appraisal periodically to establish what the actual replacement/rebuilding costs would be for like materials and local labor, too. They also have our umbrella coverage and it's very reasonably priced. Our independent agent helped us tailor our insurance for our specific needs.