Thread: Replacement Grips for Spring Clamps

Replacement Grips for Spring Clamps

Anyone know of a source? It's probably cheaper to buy new clamps than to replace the grips/tips, but I have a ton of 2" spring clamps with worn out tips. I've searched the internet with no luck.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

Thank you! I remember seeing that but I was in a hurry and the "photovideo" in the name threw me off. I thought it was going to be a video showing how to make my own.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    Bella Terra

Tom, you are a lifesaver. I'll be placing an order after lunch, once I figure out how many I need.

Bella Terra

This stuff works really well and comes in cool day-glo colors: http://www.plastidip.com/
    Just don't make the same mistake I did....clamp them to a board for drying *before* dipping them.

+1 on the plasti dip. http://www.plastidip.com/diy_where_to_buy.php. It is cheaper if you have a lot of clamps, and has the advantage of form fitting the clamp so it doesn't come off as easily.
    Brian

Sawdust Formation Engineer
    in charge of Blade Dulling

Blog Entries
    Isn't this place great. No matter how obscure the item, someone here can help you.

You guys aren't having any fun with buying the standard tips.....try this product out....

Can be bought from here : http://www.makershed.com/SearchResul...&Submit=Search
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

There was a company that sold a material like this, as well as tons of other neat stuff, that did a $20.00 off coupon give away for Creekesr. It doesn't seem like it was that long ago. I am totally embarassed that I can't remember the name of the company.

As for doing my own dipping, and other fun stuff, I just don't have the time. If you know anyone looking for a position as a shop foreman please let me know. I'm currently trying to run all four divisions of the company and the office. As cloning isn't currently approved for humans, I'm getting desperate. We are crazy busy! I'm very happy about this during this economy, but I'm also very tired. 60-70 hour weeks are getting old.

Bella Terra

I'm taking the approach of creating jobs for other people. The weird thing was that I could only order 100 tips at a time. Guess I'll order another 100 tomorrow.

Bella Terra

95 cents for one grip seems pretty steep. Where are the Chinese when you need them?
    Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 06-19-2012 at 6:16 PM. Reason: removed inappropriate language

Somebody has probably figured out how to make methamphetamine out of them.