Thread: Can I eat it?

Can I eat it?

Now that I have your attention, I am looking for a finish I can line a cold drink mug with. It has an epoxy finish in it now but it has several cracks I need to cover. It is a very old Renaissance looking mug the man uses at fairs and such. Anyone have any ideas which product would be the best bet?

Thanks for any and all assistance with this.

Larry

What's it made of metal/plastic/ glass/ wood ???
    Sincerely,

S.Q.P - SAM - CHEMMY.......... Almost 50 years in this art and trade and counting...

Is this something like "Does it Blend?"
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

If it's wood; what type of wood?
    Scott

Finishing is an 'Art & a Science'. Actually, it is a process. You must understand the properties and tendencies of the finish you are using. You must know the proper steps and techniques, then you must execute them properly.

The original piece is all natural wood. It has a black epoxy coating on the inside to line the wood for liquids. The wood cracked from old age and now he wants it repaired. What I am looking for is a coat I can put over the original epoxy to seal the inside of the mug. Here is the mug in question.
    The log 1.jpgThe Log 2.jpg