Thread: Curly Maple Window Sill

Curly Maple Window Sill

Working on a window sill for my bathroom. Still needs sanding and finish. I used dowels for the joinery.

P1010467.jpgP1010472.jpgP1010478.jpg

Here's a picture after a few coats of finish.

Image.jpg

That is going to be a beautiful window sill!

Wish I could find some maple like that. We do not have a single board foot of it anywhere in my town. I have been wanting to build a small jewelry box with curly maple and have been unable to find any. No doubt, you have a beautiful window sill.
    Best Regards,

Gordon

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Eyre View Post
    Wish I could find some maple like that. We do not have a single board foot of it anywhere in my town. I have been wanting to build a small jewelry box with curly maple and have been unable to find any. No doubt, you have a beautiful window sill.
    If you are only looking for enough for a jewelry box then buy it through the mail/internet. A lot of places will mail you a board or two...just make sure they don't send you the crappy stuff with green streaks.

Quote Originally Posted by John T Barker View Post
    If you are only looking for enough for a jewelry box then buy it through the mail/internet. A lot of places will mail you a board or two...just make sure they don't send you the crappy stuff with green streaks.
    I have been waiting until I go to Salt Lake City as I know I can get some there. I prefer to see what I am getting rather than buy from the Internet but do appreciate your suggestion.
    Best Regards,

Gordon