Thread: drum sander

drum sander

Need some input on drum sanders the ones that are air filled I want one about 3-4 dia and 6-9 in long. What should I look for and where ? I want this to sand handles on wood spoons and other kitchen utinsels.

Are you talking about something like this:

http://www.wttool.com/index/page/pro..._shopping=true

Grizzly makes a smaller but cheaper one and Sandrite makes some really nice ones.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

I bought the Guinevere system made by King Arthur Tools (www.katools.com) last year to do the same thing and it works great. It's not inexpensive either, though.

Van I want just the sanding drums to mount on my lathe with a arbor that I can make. Tom I've bought the Guinevere system and it works good. But I want something a little bigger that has more flex.

I haven't seen anything larger than about 5-5 1/2" long that can be chucked, the longer ones I have seen are designed to be put on a shaft... There well may be stuff out there, good luck.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.