Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Galvo lasers, with Video

Sorry for the horrible quality. It's more like 1:40 seconds to do 27 of them. So that's just under 4 seconds each.

The dust halo around them is the air assist making a mess. I also had the room lights off so it wouldn't get the glare on the top cover, so all in all, the video is a hot mess, but it shows the motion.

Also, it engraved about .006"-.008" deep, so it's really cooking it. I didn't waste any time trying to get any settings perfect, I just set it to 100P, 100S and hit go.

Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

The motion is impressive for a flying head. What does 100S relate to in inches per second (or mm/s) on the Speedy Steve?
    Shenhui 1280 100W RECI

I honestly have no idea. I've never known or looked into it. I've always thought those numbers were suspect because 100% speed when engraving 24" wide and 100% speed when engraving something 2" wide are totally different because it can't get to the 100% speed with a shorter stroke. So I've never put much into the numbers.

I could actually do this job faster, but I can't film all my secrets, now can I?
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Scott, I will wire you a pound for your secrets? Surely that should cover it seen as you such a nice guy!
    Jit Patel
    London UK

30w Trotec Speedmarker CL (Galvo) with 400mm & 250mm lens
    80w Trotec Speedy 400 with Rotary, Vacuum Table, Cutting Lamellas, 2" & 1.5" lens, Pass through
    Oki Printing Press
    Abobe Creative Suite - Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign.
    Vector Magic

Quote Originally Posted by Jiten Patel View Post
    Scott, I will wire you a pound for your secrets? Surely that should cover it seen as you such a nice guy!
    Sure, a pound of gold, please 24K

Nice!! Thanks Scott, learnt a lot from that, I still getting to grips with this type of machine. I can see there is no overhead on marking and non marking time as the carriage seems to move at a linear speed. Also see how doing a multiple array makes a big difference, we tend to engrave one item at a time as it often suits what we are engraving and we have a much smaller area, and of course with this you only have one sheet to load.
    Also the marking time for the galvo machine lets say 5 seconds would be constant for any item, buy this I mean 50 would take 50 x 5 seconds, 1= 1 x 5 seconds, I assuming that just 1 on the trotec would take much longer!
    Thats a nice machine, i do like the trotec stuff, seems put together so much better than anything else on the market.
    Thanks Scott, thats given me something to think about !!!
    L Squared Lasers UK
    2 x Halo Lasers 20 watt fiber
    1 x Halo CO2 Galvo System
    1 x Shenhui 1512 80 watt
    3 x Electrox D40
    3 x electrox Scriba 2
    1 x Electrox Scorpion 40 watt Fibre
    1 x Epilog EXT36 75 watt.