Thread: My First HF NIP

My First HF NIP

This is my first hollow form NIP. I don't do a lot of hollow forms and this one was a bit challenging. Overall I'm pretty happy with the end result. It measures about 6 inches tall and 5 1/2 wide. It was soaked in BLO for 24 hours, dried for 2 weeks and then buffed. Comments are welcome. Thanks Bernie for the inspiration to try one of these.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Greg Just; 08-06-2012 at 6:55 AM.

Sure is some colorful wood! Was the piece challenging because of all the knots or because it was a hollow form? I think you did good!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

a challenging shape to hollow..very colorful
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Schlumpf View Post
    Was the piece challenging because of all the knots or because it was a hollow form?
    I little of both. One of the knots actually popped out near the end andI had to glue back in the parts I could find and re-sand that area (4th picture).

+1 on the colorful wood. Nice very nice. Shape is a little different and I like it.

"The best things in life are not things."

Great looking vase Greg. Nice wood color and form.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.