Thread: Combine Text

Combine Text

Attached is what seems to me a simple process, but I can't figure out the correct process of getting the text (Kevin & Sonya) to remove the part of the text of Baker where they overlap. I'm sure I'm not saying this correctly, but in the end once I "combine" these two object, the word Baker would be missing the parts where Kevin & Sonya were. I still need to be able to select either part. I keep trying different things, covert to curves, using all the tools in the shaping docker, etc, something at last would work, but I'm not sure what I did to make it work.combine v13.cdr

Hope this makes sense.
    Retired Navy SHCS (SW/AW)
    Universal Versalaser VLS 3.50 30W / Corel X4
    God Bless

If I understand this correct, break apart your contour so then when you look in Object Manager, you have 1 white curve, 1 red text, and 1 black text. Now select the white curve and the black text. Now select Shaping, Back Minus Front. The black text should now have the white curve area removed from it and all you have left in your Object Manager is 1 red text and 1 black curve.
    I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well, that’s not going to happen."

Mike -

Perfect... I wasn't breaking apart the contour.. Thanks so much for the help.
    Retired Navy SHCS (SW/AW)
    Universal Versalaser VLS 3.50 30W / Corel X4
    God Bless

Thanks Senior for asking that question...I have so much to learn and the Creek has come through again. I would have never thought of that.

Darren
    Retired Navy CTA1
    Darren Seibert

ULS V-460 55 watt, Corel Draw X3, Universal 1-Touch Photo Software, Windows 7