Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Festool online retailer suggestions

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Bob Marino will take good care of you.
    Please help support the Creek.

"The older I get, the better I used to be."
    Lee Trevino

Sales tax, and the fact I do not have to drive to a store or home, or take off work early because the woodworking store closes at 5pm and I get home latter than that many times, and the internet sells all the attachments or the accessories, and the internet sites are not not limited by brands or even subjet in many cases. For example I can buy a systainer and a Stanley fat max tape measure and a couple kitchen things for the wife at the same place on the same transaction like i did last week. Will all be here Wednesday or Thursday. I want to play Friday so the shipping time was perfect even with a holiday.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

I would consider Hartville as I am a member of the woodnet forum and they give a discount to members with free shipping every day.

Bob Marino is the my choice. Awesome customer service!

Bob Marino would be my first choice,and I'd wait for him if necessary.
    Great guy to talk all things Festool too. Purchase or not.

Don't assume it's always a set price with Festool. As they make subtle improvements to their products they will from time to time let the retaillers discount current inventory. For example my OF2200 router was $699.00, regular price is $825, because they are improving/modifying the systainer box it comes in.
    Last edited by Mike Cutler; 09-04-2012 at 12:30 PM.
    "The first thing you need to know, will likely be the last thing you learn." (Unknown)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Heidrick View Post
    Jim, Many times my local guys say they have to order items too. Thats a hard sell when their shipments take longer than amazon and then you have to go back in and pay sales tax upfront ( ).
    Yeah...its a pain to have to pay those taxes. I mean how else could we fund all those things we take advantage of on a daily basis. Imagine all the things we could accomplish if we started charging tax on on-line sales?

Next time, ask you local dealer if they can have it drop shipped directly to you. The dealer will only make 10% on it but something is better than nothing.

Chris
    Last edited by Chris Hedges; 09-05-2012 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Removed political statement

I was quite dissapointed with Bob Marino. I ordered something back in April from him, and since I also live in NJ I figured it would come very quickly. However it instead shipped from Ohio so it took a few days. Not really a big deal on its own. However then a few weeks ago I get a random invoice from him that has almost zero details and charged me a few bucks for 'Misc Adjustment'. No other information. I had to e-mail him a few times to find out that it was the sales tax for my order that he mistakenly never charged me many months ago.

Bob Marino is my Festool dealer of choice. Great guy with great service.

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Fisher View Post
    If I where in the USA .. I would buy from Bob Marino..
    Ditto. The only one I buy Festool from...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...