Thread: Beware of the Panther Spray Gun

Beware of the Panther Spray Gun

A few months ago I posted an enquiry about a Panther Spray gun for glue from CA TEchnologies. There weren't any replies so I went ahead and purchased this gun based on the advice from the supplier. Prior to this I had been using a cheap paint sprayer from Harbor freight which didn't last very long as it was never designed to spray glue. I use glue in the manufacture of some wood products. The Harbor Freight gun was $39 and the Panther was $239. So far the only difference between the 2 guns is $200. Neither one does the job. Now to be fair to Harbor Freight they don't suggest anywhere that the gun is designed to spray glue unlike CA Technologies.
    So if anyone is consideriing buying a Panther gun to spray glue or any other gun from CA Technolofgies you might want to contact me.

I contacted the supplier but have had no response.

Regards

Fred Mc.

Quote Originally Posted by fRED mCnEILL View Post
    A few months ago I posted an enquiry about a Panther Spray gun for glue from CA TEchnologies. There weren't any replies so I went ahead and purchased this gun based on the advice from the supplier. Prior to this I had been using a cheap paint sprayer from Harbor freight which didn't last very long as it was never designed to spray glue. I use glue in the manufacture of some wood products. The Harbor Freight gun was $39 and the Panther was $239. So far the only difference between the 2 guns is $200. Neither one does the job. Now to be fair to Harbor Freight they don't suggest anywhere that the gun is designed to spray glue unlike CA Technologies.
    So if anyone is consideriing buying a Panther gun to spray glue or any other gun from CA Technolofgies you might want to contact me.

I contacted the supplier but have had no response.

Regards

Fred Mc.

Hey Fred,
    I have a few spray guns from CA Technologies, and they've been nothing but helpful and pleasant when it came to supporting them.
    They also work wonderfully (I use them to spray woodworking finishes though, not glue).
    Have you tried talking to them directly?

what is the problem ? are the glue too thick ? I wonder if a sand blaster gun will spray glue

How can you expect ANY spray gun designed for finishes, to work with glue?
    Why not squirt the glue on the surface, and use a roller?
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

What kind of glue?
    Rich
    ALASKANS FOR GLOBAL WARMING

Eagle River Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by Myk Rian View Post
    How can you expect ANY spray gun designed for finishes, to work with glue?
    Why not squirt the glue on the surface, and use a roller?

I believe he's already stated the CA Technologies gun IS made to spray glue. He's given the HF unit it's due pass, since it isn't glue use listed.

The glue is Jefbond 2000 Foam adhesive. It is a liquid glue with a consitency similar to motor oil .The gun "supposedly" is designed to spray liquid adhesives. The only "good" thing I can say about it is that is has a coating of teflon which makes it easy to clean the glue off-which is a good thing as it usually creates a mess.

I have a CA Tech Conversion Gun and it's worked great. When I had a question, their customer support was awesome. This sounds like an anomoly.

Jim
    One can never have too many planes and chisels... or so I'm learning!!

Finally heard from them today. Apparently they sent me an email a month or so ago which I didn't receive.

So we wi;; see how that works out.

I will post results.

Regards

Fred

Maybe you have the wrong tip for the glue you are spraying . I have one of their better finish guns and can't say enough good about it .

good luck .