Thread: Dutch Autum Duo

Dutch Autum Duo

I am having fun with Colour! These are a new direction for me what do you think? Elm the tallest is 75mm Spirit Stains and Lacquer.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ermmm ............ lots of miles from Mr S very many miles

I love the color Richard and the forms look great!

I got on a color kick a few weeks ago & I am loving the change. I like your color ..enjoy the new direction
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe

Really nice. Love the color and form.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Richard,
    Your color effort looks great. With lasers and hollowing rigs becoming so common, it seems like we now see tons of hollow forms, too many of which look alike. It's worth while doing anything that sets yours apart from the norm.
    faust

Those are fantastic, I love the color!!!
    “I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.” ~ Albert Einstein

Thats a frightening thought I do mine by hand but have thought about a rig I think it is the fate of many skills that tools are produced with the aim of making things "easier" but in the process contribute to the loss of what is the essence of a thing hand made. Having said that I am not against progress but I think its important to retain the human influence on pieces as much as possible.

Its an interesting conundrum how much "help" is too much? Can their be too much help????

Those are both beautiful Richard! Great form and finish and I love the colors.
    "If it is wood, I will turn it."
    vor-tex: any activity, situation, or way of life regarded as irresistibly engulfing.

I like them both for form and color Richard. Just one more and it would make a neat little trio.

Hi Baxter I think you are right I am just so keen when I finish these things to photograph them I keep putting them on line probably before I get a set organised! Don't worry though there is more on the way!!!!