Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recommend me a bandsaw , drill press and scroll saw .

In addition to Henger, Excalibur makes a great scroll saw.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Gilbert View Post
    I want to buy everything new with warranty if possible . I am just curious if something went bad on a 500lb bandsaw do they come to me or what ?
    I don't understand this desire for a warranty. The older machines (in general) are much better built. In buying new, the extra your spending is paying for that warranty ( that you may never need) anyway. You'll be able to buy parts and fix yourself as needed for much less than the premium you'll pay buying new.

And no, they will not come to you. For some things they will send you the part to install, otherwise it will be up to you to get it to an authorized repair center.

Yeah I think I am going to get a dewalt scroll saw or excalibur and the rikon 14'' deluxe . I am going to just get a drill chuck for my tailstock of my lathe and use that to drill .

Jet 16" comes in 110V. Its a good saw. No need to spend cash on upgrades on it. Great resaw out of the crate.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

The Grizzly 17" BS can be wired for either 110V or 220V. My worked fine on 110V before I had 220V wired in the shop.

I do a lot of scroll saw inlay work and I have a 1986 single speed Hegner and a 2010 Polymax Hegner. I had a DeWalt 788 but it died, out of warranty. (20 months) I also have a 16" Jet scroll saw that was made in the 80's also. I have a grizzly GO555 band saw that I re-saw with and a grizzly bench top drill press. I do not use a drill press to make the small holes for scroll saw work. I use a hand held dremel type tool for that.
    No PHD, but I have a DD 214

I bought a rikon 14'' deluxe bandsaw and a nice drill chuck for my lathe for drilling pens . I just need to wait and find a nice scroll saw on sale or something , I don't want a new cheap 100$ one or a 600$ new one .